Craig Revel Horwood has hit out at viewers who complained over Strictly Come Dancing's recent same-sex routine.
A performance between pro dancers Johannes Radebe and Graziano Di Prima on this year's show saw a number of objections made.
The BBC revealed that 189 official complaints were received over the episode which aired earlier this month.
However Craig has told those against such performances they need to "get used to it or turn over".
He told the Daily Star newspaper: “Strictly gets between 10million and 13million viewers, so to have 189 complaints out of that is not bad.
“I don’t even know what percentage that is. It must be 0.000001%. I don’t think we should take them seriously. I’d tell them to switch over if they don’t like it. They should watch something else.”
Craig added: “You can’t let complaints stop same-sex dances happening.
"Sorry, but we’ve been fighting for gay rights for centuries, so people have to get used to it or turn over.”
Meanwhile, Strictly judge Bruno Tonioli responded to the complaints in a tweet online.
He wrote: "It's hard to believe after such progress in society and many other topics going on that over 200 people felt so upset they complained when 2 men danced with each other... I just don't know what to say... Very sad. #bbcstrictly"
It was recently claimed Strictly could soon open its doors to same sex pairings between celebrities and pro dancers.
A source told the Daily Mirror earlier in 2019: "Bosses have said while there aren't any same sex pairings in this series, they'd definitely be open to it, given the right combination of celebs and dancers."
For now, the current series of Strictly Come Dancing continues this Saturday and Sunday night on BBC One.
This weekend will see the remaining five celebs dance for a place in the grand final.