Strictly Come Dancing 2018: Three pros won't get a celebrity partner this year

strictly pros - 2

Three of this year's Strictly Come Dancing 2018 pro dancers won't be competing, it's been revealed.

While BBC bosses have announced a total of 18 pros for this year's series - including three newbies - there will only be 15 celebrity contestants.

It means three of the pros will only be involved in the group performances and act as standbys in case another pro is injured.

According to The Sun newspaper, those left out will be Neil Jones plus new pros Luba Mushtuk and Johannes Radebe.

It'll be Neil's third year on the show without a celebrity partner.

A spokeswoman for Strictly said told the tabloid: “We have 18 pros and 15 celebrities, so sadly we can’t give everyone a partner.

"But this year we are planning even more ambitious group performances, we will have our Strictly special for Children in Need, there is the Christmas Special and there will be lots more surprises along the way.

"All our pros are going to be kept really busy.”

Earlier this year the BBC confirmed this year's pro line up with newbies Italian Latin Champion Graziano Di Prima, Professional South African Latin Champion Johannes Radebe and four-time winner of the Italian Dance Championship Luba Mushtuk.

They will join returning Strictly professionals AJ Pritchard, Aljaž Škorjanec, Amy Dowden, Anton Du Beke, Dianne Buswell, Giovanni Pernice, Gorka Marquez, Janette Manrara, Karen Clifton, Katya Jones, Kevin Clifton, Nadiya Bychkova, Neil Jones, Oti Mabuse and Pasha Kovalev.

But we have lost two Strictly pros: Brendan Cole, a series original, and Chloe Hewitt, who joined in 2016, will both be leaving the show.

Brendan revealed back in January that the BBC had decided not to renew his contract.

Louise Rainbow, Executive Producer, Strictly Come Dancing said: “This is the biggest line-up of pros that we’ve ever had on Strictly. We are so lucky to have such an array of talent. A huge thank you goes to Brendan from all of us for 15 amazing series of Strictly. We wish him all the very best with his future projects. We would also like to thank Chloe and wish her well.”

Strictly Come Dancing 2018 will air on BBC One on September 8 where the celebs and pros will be partnered up.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube