The Trial Of Christine Keeler is the new drama on BBC One - here's all you need to know.
The Trial Of Christine Keeler takes a fresh look at one of the most infamous British stories of the 20th century: the chain of events in the 1960s that came to be known as the Profumo Affair.
At the centre of the storm was 19 year-old Christine Keeler, a young woman whom the powerful, male-dominated establishment sought to silence and exploit, but who refused to play by their rules.
The drama takes us behind the headlines to tell a human story about the sexual and cultural politics of one of the most revealing and iconic stories of modern times.
The six part series is written by Bafta Award-winning screenwriter and novelist Amanda Coe, series produced by Rebecca Ferguson and directed by Andrea Harkin and Leanne Welham.
The Trial Of Christine Keeler cast
Sophie Cookson plays Christine Keeler, James Norton takes on the role of Stephen Ward, with Ellie Bamber as Mandy Rice-Davies. Ben Miles plays John Profumo and Emilia Fox stars as Valerie Profumo. Nathan Stewart-Jarrett plays Johnny Edgecombe and Anthony Welsh plays Aloysius 'Lucky' Gordon.
See the full cast below...
- Christine Keeler - Sophie Cookson
- Stephen Ward - James Norton
- Mandy Rice-Davies - Ellie Bamber
- Valerie Profumo - Emilia Fox
- John Profumo - Ben Miles
- DS John Burrows - Sam Troughton
- Aloysius ‘Lucky’ Gordon - Anthony Welsh
- Johnny Edgecombe - Nathan Stewart Jarrett
- DI Herbert - Louis Hilyer
- Martin Redmayne MP - Tim McInnerny
- Michael Eddowes - Anton Lesser
- Bill Astor - Michael Maloney
- Bronwen Astor - Rosalind Halstead
- Paul Mann - Jack Greenlees
- Paula Hamilton-Marshall - Chloe Harris
- Julie Huish - Amanda Drew
- Alan - Sam Crane
- Eugene Ivanov - Visar Vishka
- Ronna - Charlene Boyd
- James Burge - Peter Davidson
- Griffith-Jones - Alex MacQueen
- George Wigg MP - Danny Webb
- Woods - Martin Hutson
- Hutchinson - Paul Ritter
- Colin - Neil Morrissey
- Roger Hollis - Aiden McArdle
- Judge Marshall - Paul Jesson
- Rudolph ‘Watt’/’Truello’ Fenton - Micah Balfour
- Camacchio - CJ Beckford
- Peter Rachmann - Jonny Coyne
- Len - Dorian Lough
The Trial Of Christine Keeler start date and next episode
The Trial Of Christine Keeler will air for six episodes on Sunday nights at 9PM on BBC One.
The first episode aired on Sunday, December 29 before continuing on Monday, December 30.
The next episode airs on Sunday, January 26 at 9PM continuing Sunday nights weekly.
You're able to watch episodes online via BBC iPlayer.
In tonight's sixth and final episode, Christine is on tenterhooks as Stephen’s (James Norton) life hangs in the balance while his sentence is decided.
Christine’s lie about Lucky Gordon (Anthony Welsh) haunts her and she faces trial herself.
Ahead of the first episode, you can watch a first look trailer below...