Scarlett Moffatt won't return to Saturday Night Takeaway for new series

Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway

Scarlett Moffatt won't be back on Saturday Night Takeaway when it returns in 2020.

The hit ITV series took a year off for 2019 but it was previously confirmed the show would continue again next year.

However many changes are being made and regular guest host Scarlett Moffatt will be departing as part of them.

A spokesperson for ITV told the Daily Mirror newspaper: “Scarlett Moffatt won’t feature as a contributor in the 2020 series of Saturday Night Takeaway.

"We thank Scarlett for all of her hard work on the show and will announce details of the new series nearer transmission”

A source teased: “Show bosses are planning lots of new and exciting features for the 2020 series alongside the return of viewer favourites."

They added that Scarlett would not be replaced, with Ant and Dec returning only alongside Stephen Mulhern who will host Ant vs Dec.

Meanwhile, Scarlett is said to have "lots of other exciting things in the pipeline" following her recent Channel 4 series The British Tribe Next Door.

It was announced last August that Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway would be rested for 2019.

A statement at the time read: "Ant and Dec have made the joint decision not to present a new series of Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway in Spring 2019. Production and filming for a Saturday Night Takeaway series in February would normally have already started, and continue throughout 2018 and early 2019.

"Neither Ant & Dec nor ITV wanted to compromise the quality of the show and therefore felt it was better to rest the series next year.

"They will instead bring the show back in 2020, bigger and better than ever."

Applications to be on the 2020 series are now open.

Subscribe on YouTube