Craig Revel Horwood fears he could be next to leave Strictly Come Dancing

craig revel horwood

Craig Revel Horwood has admitted he could be next to leave Strictly Come Dancing.

Craig says he's yet to sign a contract for this year's series.

And despite being a judge on the show since Day 1, he's said that no one is safe from the axe.

It follows Brendan Cole's shock axe as a pro dancer on the BBC One series. Brendan had been on the show for the past 14 years but announced his exit on ITV's Lorraine earlier this year.

He announced that the BBC had decided not to renew his contract in January

"They've made an editorial decision not to have me back on the show," he said. "I'm in shock. I got a phone call. I've had 15 incredible series."

Speaking to the Daily Star on Sunday newspaper, Craig said: "Everyone is replaceable, everyone. They could get someone else to replace me. They wouldn’t be as good though!”

Craig revealed he had yet to renew his contract for Strictly this year.

"I usually know around June. So it will be a month and a half before I know if I’m doing the next series," Craig explained. “I’ve been on the panel for a long time. It’s been fantastic. I’ve been very lucky.”

Meanwhile, sharing his views on Brendan's axe, Craig told the tabloid: "Not many dancers get 15 years of employment.

“Of course it’s going to hurt. Anyone is going to be deflated if they were looking forward to coming back and they’re not. But that’s just the way it goes."

Craig added: “It’s put him on the map, people know his name and he should be very grateful.

“I don’t know if it was the right decision. But that’s between him and the BBC.”

Strictly Come Dancing will air on BBC One in the autumn.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube