Rejected X Factor 2011 contestant John Wilding has said he won't be trying out for the show again. The 18-year-old was sent home by Gary Barlow at the judges' house stage of the competition for a second time this year, after Dannii Minogue also said no on last year's show.
Take That star Gary instead sent Marcus Collins, Craig Colton, James Michael and Frankie Cocozza through to the live shows this weekend.
He told John: "There are singers in this category who aren't half as good as you, but touch me more... I'm so sorry mate, you're not in my final four."
Speaking after the rejection, John admitted: "I definitely won't be coming back. I'll go my own way and try to do it myself. It's what I've always wanted to do, and whatever path I have to take, I'll be determined and do that."
Speaking to DigitalSpy however, Luke Lucas - also rejected by Gary - said he would be back: "I think I've got the X Factor because I've been singing since I was 9 and my heart and soul's in it," he said.
"My plan would be just rehearsing all the time, picking up from the notes that Gary gives. I would just pick up on them and come back next year, or try and get myself bigger."
The X Factor live shows start this Saturday on ITV1.
PIC: Copyright ITV/Syco/Talkback Thames