Series 7 of Between The Covers arrives on BBC Two this autumn with a book list and celebrity line up revealed.
Sara Cox returns for six new episodes, each week opening the door to four new famous guests, who will bring along their all-time favourite book and share what it means to them.
Ahead of the new series, Sara said: “I can’t wait to get stuck into six brilliant brand new titles and six treasures from the Booker backlist.
“The books we’ve chosen this series I think are among the best we’ve ever had; superb writing that will entice and delight our viewers – plus of course oodles of other great reads courtesy of our superstar guests, who come clutching their favourite books to share with our awesome audience.”
Between The Covers start date
The new series of Between The Covers begins on BBC Two from Monday, 6 November at 7PM on BBC Two.
You’ll also be able to watch online via BBC iPlayer.
The new seventh series has six episodes which will air weekly on TV and made available online.
Between The Covers books for new series
Each episode will feature two review sections: one spotlighting a newly published book, reflecting a mixture of styles and genres, the second a classic from The Booker Prize backlist.
The six newly published books in the upcoming new series are:
- The Seventh Son, by Sebastian Faulks
- The Square of Sevens, by Laura Shepherd-Robinson
- Remember, Mr Sharma, by A.P. Firdaus
- Falling Animals by Sheila Armstrong
- Devil’s Breath, by Jill Johnson
- The Unspeakable Acts of Zina Pavlou, by Eleni Kyriacou
Meanwhile The books from The Booker Prize backlist are:
- The God Of Small Things, by Arundhati Roy
- Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha, by Roddy Doyle
- The Light of Day, by Graham Swift
- My Sister, The Serial Killer, by Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Any Human Heart, by William Boyd
- Redhead by the Side of the Road, by Anne Tyler
Meanwhile the celebrity panellists on the upcoming episodes include Rob Delaney, Geri Halliwell-Horner, Nish Kumar, Sandi Toksvig, Richard Armitage, Ellie Taylor, Ade Edmondson, Kerry Godliman, Bill Paterson, Annie Macmanus, Chris McCausland and Alex Jones.
They’re joined by Ben Miller, Andi Osho, Ed Byrne, Suzi Ruffell, Omari Douglas, Angela Barnes, Adam Kay, Anita Rani, Ahir Shah, Laura Smyth, Jo Brand and Miles Jupp.
The new series of Between The Covers airs this autumn on BBC Two and iPlayer with a start date to be confirmed.