Simon Cowell has unveiled his ambitious plans for The X Factor: The Band.
The brand new series was announced at the start of this week, airing in December in place of an All Stars special.
Simon has called on up and coming performers to audition, explaining how he hopes to find the world’s next biggest group.
“You may have already heard about this but if you haven’t we are launching X Factor: The Band this December,” Simon said in a video posted to social media.
He explained: “We have weeks to get this together. Very simply… we are going to try to find either the biggest boy group in the world, or the biggest girl group in the world.
“And you’ve got days to enter. We’ve done it before we’re gonna do it again.
“Right now K-POP you could argue, is ruling the world. Now it’s time for UK-POP.”
You can apply for the new series online here.
You can also audition with your mobile phone by sending a video of yourself singing to The X Factor’s WhatsApp number 07733 222 927
The news comes just weeks after former X Factor winners Little Mix announced their own plans for a similar series, Little Mix: The Search, on BBC One next year.
Speaking to The Sun newspaper, Simon told how Little Mix’s management had first approached him about their show last year.
“I told them the problem was we have a conflict of interest because we are launching X Factor The Band in 2020. We were told their show was going to launch in 2021,” he claimed.
Simon added: “It was too much fun not to do this year. I would rather it was us doing it first.
It’s understood that The X Factor: The Band will air live from Birmingham in December, the week of the General Election on 12 December.
Meanwhile, it’s been reported that the planned The X Factor’s All Stars show has been postponed to 2020.
For now, The X Factor: Celebrity currently continues on ITV on Saturday nights.
You can catch up on the series online via ITV Hub.