Saturday Night Takeaway will not air on TV this year (2019), it has been confirmed.
While Ant McPartlin has returned to work on Britain's Got Talent for its new series, he and Dec have rested Saturday Night Takeaway for the time being.
Ant stepped down from TV commitments in March last year, saying at the time he would be taking a break “for the foreseeable future” to seek treatment in rehab.
In an announcement last August, a spokesperson for the pair confirmed that Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway would be rested for 2019.
The statement read: "In addition Ant and Dec have made the joint decision not to present a new series of Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway in Spring 2019. Production and filming for a Saturday Night Takeaway series in February would normally have already started, and continue throughout 2018 and early 2019.
"Neither Ant & Dec nor ITV wanted to compromise the quality of the show and therefore felt it was better to rest the series next year.
"They will instead bring the show back in 2020, bigger and better than ever."
Meanwhile, Ant has confirmed he will be back on I'm A Celebrity this year after Holly Willoughby guest hosted last year's show.
He told The Sun: "That was the great thing about Holly. It was a one-year gig. That was the brief, a one-off. I was thankful that it was her because she was looking after my mate out there and looking after the show. And she doesn’t need the work — she can’t get off the telly!”
Also airing this year will be a brand new Ant and Dec show, seeing the Geordie duo trace their ancestries.
First announced in 2017, Ant & Dec's DNA Journey will allow viewers to watch the Geordie duo as they researched their histories and ancestries.
"Tracing our ancestors using pioneering DNA methods has been a fascinating and emotional process so far," Ant & Dec said at the time.
ITV has confirmed the series will be broadcast later in 2019.