The One Love Manchester concert was 2017's biggest TV moment.
One Love Manchester was held on Sunday 4 June at Emirates Old Trafford Cricket Ground to honour and raise vital funds for the victims and families who were tragically affected by the Manchester attack at an Ariana Grande concert in May.
The special music show featured performances by Ariana herself alongside Justin Bieber, Coldplay, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Pharrell Williams, Take That and Niall Horan, with added acts including Little Mix, Robbie Williams and Black Eyed Peas.
With a peak audience of 14.5 million, it was 2017's most watched TV moment. The concert averaged over 11.6 million viewers (including catch up) across all the performances, placing it the 4th in the most watched TV shows of the year overall.
The Strictly Come Dancing 2017 final secured the year's next biggest peak audience, with 13.1 million viewers tuning in to see who was crowned the winner.
The 2017 New Year's fireworks saw 11.7 million viewers while I'm A Celebrity's launch show peaked with 11.3 million viewers.
Rounding off the biggest moments was the BBC News in the aftermath of the London Bridge terror attacks. A peak audience off 11.1 million watched.
Biggest TV moments of 2017
Highest overnight peak audience.
- One Love Manchester - 14.5 million
- Strictly Come Dancing Dancing - the final announcement - 13.1 million
- New Year's Fireworks - 11.7 million
- I'm A Celebrity launch - 11.3 million
- BBC News - London Bridge terror attacks - 11.1 million
Most watched shows of 2017
Official BARB 7-day catch up figures including +1 and HD, where applicable.
- Blue Planet 2: 14.01 million
- Strictly Come Dancing Dancing: 13.03 million
- I'm A Celebrity: 12.69 million
- One Love Manchester: 11.63 million
- Broadchurch: 11.61 million
- Britain's Got Talent: 11.51 million
- Sherlock: 11.33 million
- Call The Midwife: 10.6 million