X Factor boss Simon Cowell has revealed he’s working on a TV show.
The music mogul has teased a new programme coming to our screens soon.
He told the Daily Star newspaper: “Watch this space. We’ve got a new show soon. I can’t say more but it’s still music.
“You’ll like this one we’re making. You’ll have to wait but you will see more about it soon. We make lots of shows but this is a music show.”
The news follows questions over the future of The X Factor after a further decline in ratings.
Last year saw Simon Cowell pen a new £150 million deal with ITV for three more series of both The X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent.
It means the shows are set to stay on air until the end of 2019 – but that could be the end of the road for The X Factor.
Overnight viewing figures for The X Factor sunk to a record new low on Sunday night, and the Daily Star newspaper says that the numbers could leave ITV considering axing the show for good at the end of the current contract if numbers don’t improve.
However ITV pointed out that the overnight ratings don’t take into account those watching on catch up or via the internet.
Once some of those numbers are factored in, ratings rise to over 7 million per episode.
“The show performs well for younger audiences and it is an important part of ITV’s autumn schedule,” a spokesperson for ITV added.
For now, The X Factor is back this Saturday at 8:10PM and Sunday night at 7:30PM on ITV with the third round of live shows.