Benji Matthews has hinted he may be BACK on The X Factor 2017.
The decision both confused and angered X Factor fans as Sam hadn't even made the Six Chair Challenge, where Benji was the last to be eliminated at the weekend.
But it turns out there could be a reason why Benji wasn't brought back.
CornwallLive report that the local lad hinted there could be a twist that sees him return.
A "cagey" Benji told the publication about the calls for him to be given another shot: "Um well what can I say. I'm very humbled by the response."
He continued: "Whether I will be back or not I don't know. I really don't know how I'd feel if I went back in."
Taking to Twitter after the show aired last Sunday, Benji told fans: "Ahhh! Where do I start? The X Factor has been the best experience of my life so far. The past few months have been amazing for me, and I'd like to thank all of you for all your generous, kind messages and support. It means the world to me. "
He continued: "I would also like to say thank you to Louis, Sharon, Simon, Nicole and the whole of The X Factor team for such an amazing opportunity. I feel truly blessed.
"Genuinely, I wish nothing but the best for the boys. It was such a pleasure to meet them all."
Benji went on: "I'm so excited to continue making music. This whole experience has been so inspiring for new material and I can't wait to share it with you all. I hope you continue following me, I'm overwhelmed with gratitude. I love you all. "
The X Factor 2017 continues this Saturday and Sunday night on ITV.