The X Factor 2017 has apparently avoided returning acts from past years auditioning this series.
Over the years, many who succeed on The X Factor have done so after failing before.
2008 champ Alexandra Burke first made it to judges’ houses in 2005, similar to last year’s finalist Emily Middlemas.
And Liam Payne first auditioned for the series in 2008 before rising to fame in One Direction two years later.
However now Simon Cowell says he’s shut the door to past hopefuls in favour of new faces.
“We didn’t want the same people coming back again,” he said. “Now, there are a few who have been on the show before.
“But when you’ve just got the same people coming back year after year, it’s boring for us; boring for the audience.”
And Simon teased that – with The X Factor having now been on the air in the UK 14 years – the hunt for fresh talent is going global.
“People are flying in from all over the world to be on the show. They trust the show and you have to respect them,” he said.
Louis Walsh revealed: “We asked nearly everyone whether they had auditioned before and so many of them said this was their first audition. It’s amazing. There are so many good young people. It’s great because there are so many other shows, but this is the only one that matters, The X Factor, this is worldwide.
“We have so many people coming from other countries like Holland, a lot of people from the Philippines and America – everywhere, even Ireland!”
And host Dermot O’Leary added: “It’s the year of the Philippines!
“We had Fourth Impact on the show one year and I think they must have gone home and told half of Manila to apply for the show! It’s so lovely. They are a talented nation of singers.”
The X Factor returns to ITV on Saturday 2nd September and Sunday 3rd September at 8pm