X Factor judges' houses this year could be filmed at Downton Abbey's Highclere Castle
Show boss are reportedly planning to hold this year's final contestant selection at the iconic venue in Hampshire.
The Sun on Sunday newspaper says that the popular location could be the backdrop for Simon Cowell and his category.
"The show producers were keen to do something a bit different for Simon’s house this year and Highclere Castle was suggested," a source explained.
They told the newspaper: “They loved the idea. They think it would be great fun to have Simon sweeping down the grand drive in a vintage Rolls Royce to greet contestants.
“And they would of course hire a team of butlers to wait on him and the contestants.
“At the moment that is their number one choice."
The source added that Simon's actual house in LA is the "only other option" but producers were keen not to use it again after it last appeared on the show in 2014.
Room auditions started last month with bootcamp and the six chair challenge soon to follow.
Although no start date has been confirmed just yet, the series typically launches at the end of August.