X Factor 2012 judges: Simon Cowell wanted rid of Gary Barlow?!

Simon Cowell (Britain's Got Talent 2012)

X Factor boss Simon Cowell and Gary Barlow have reportedly clashed over the new series of the UK show, with Simon wanting rid of him!

The Star reports this week that Simon, who owns the X Factor format with his production company Syco, and broadcasters ITV disagreed over Gary's return to the panel.

It was claimed last week that Gary would be back after signing a new, £2 million deal.

"ITV think Gary is good for the show and gives it kudos," an insider said.

However it seems as though Simon didn't agree with the decision, and Gary's rather angry after finding out!

"[Simon] likes him as a person but felt some of his decisions last year were wrong," a source explains. "Simon told the ITV producers he wanted to replace Gary with either with himself as head judge or bring a new man to the panel.

"When Gary heard there was talk of him being ousted, he was furious."

We're not surprised!

The insider goes on to add: "There have been some very cross exchanges with Simon".

Fortunately it seems as though Gary is pleased to have ITV's backing and will be back, although he's still not happy with Simon for the time being.

"He felt like he did well on the show," the source continued. "He didn’t' get involved in ay backbiting sand brought credibility to the panel.

"After all his act, Marcus Collins came second."

Indeed!

The X Factor 2012 returns to ITV1 in the summer.

Auditions continue this Monday in Cardiff.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube