Cheryl Cole still 'too hurt' to return to The X Factor UK

Cheryl Cole

Cheryl Cole apparently turned down a return to The X Factor because she's still "hurt" over her axe from the US version last year.

The Girls Aloud star was reportedly offered up to £2.5 million to reprise her role on the show this summer, but took to Twitter last week to hit to dismiss the rumours.

She wrote: "X Factor was a great experience and time in my life and career but is now part of my past."

Closer magazine claim this week that X Factor boss Simon Cowell spent his time trying to persuade Cheryl to return to he show last month after flying in from the States.

One source told the publication: "Simon called Cheryl when she got back and asked what it would take to get her back on the show.

“But she told him in no uncertain terms there wasn't enough money in the world.

"She’s still very hurt over the way she was treated by Simon in LA."

The insider added: "She feels let down, like she can't trust anyone. She wants to put the whole thing behind her."

Louis Walsh revealed yesterday that he expected to be back on the show alongside both Gary Barlow and Tulisa, but revealed that Kelly Rowland's future on the show was in doubt.

A spokesperson for the X Factor recently insisted that no decisions on the new series, which returns in August, have been made.

Auditions for The X Factor 2012 start in Liverpool on Saturday.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube