Louis Tomlinson 'doesn't know' if he'll be back on The X Factor this year

'The X Factor' TV show, Series 15, Rehearsals, London, UK - 23 Nov 18

Louis Tomlinson has admitted he's not sure if he'll return to The X Factor this year.

The One Direction star made his debut as a judge last series, but currently doesn't know about 2019's plans.

The X Factor could see a huge shake-up this year, with Simon Cowell recently revealing hopes to air both a Celebrity and All Star version of X Factor, in place of the regular series.

Louis, who this week dropped new single Two Of Us, quipped it was "kind of tempting" to quit after winning his first season last year with Dalton Harris.

Speaking to The Sun newspaper, Louis admitted he hadn't spoken to Simon since the end of last year's series.

"Since the show I haven't even spoken to Simon," he explained. "We're just kind of giving each other some space because we’d seen [each other] every single day.

"To be honest, I don't really know what the tail end of my year looks like anyway, but personally, I think it's about the public, you know what I mean? I think it should be about the public."

X Factor boss Simon last month announced his plans for the show in 2019.

The TV chief suggested that The X Factor would broadcast two separate shows back to back this autumn, one seeing celebrities compete and the other featuring a line up of past contestants.

Simon said. “I’ve had a meeting with ITV, I’ve told them what I think we’d like to do with X Factor because we’ve been waiting to have this opportunity."

Simon described the upcoming series as a "huge change", continuing: "We haven’t exactly confirmed the dates or the order of the shows, but essentially there are going to be two versions of X Factor running this year.

“I think it’s going to be huge, it’s the best I’ve felt about this show in years.”

As yet, official plans for The X Factor this year have not been announced by ITV.

The X Factor typically begins on TV in September.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube