Strictly Come Dancing's Bruno Tonioli has a message for Simon Cowell

Bruno Tonioli

Strictly Come Dancing's Bruno Tonioli has taken a swipe at The X Factor.

The Strictly judge has boasted about Strictly's victory in the latest Saturday night ratings battle between the two shows.

Strictly this year secured its best ratings yet, while The X Factor saw its worst.

Last night's Strictly Come Dancing final saw an average audience of 11.7 million tuned in across the marathon 2 hour plus long show, with a peak audience of 13.1 million.

It did better than double The X Factor final which had just over 5 million viewers earlier this month.

Puling no punches, Bruno declared: “We beat X Factor because we’re better."

He told the Daily Star on Sunday newspaper: “I don’t feel bad for Simon, no. I didn’t watch X Factor this year.

“I do Strictly and then I get on a plane to go to America the next day to do Dancing with the Stars."

Bruno added: “You can only do what you can do. And X Factor is not my show."

Meanwhile, Bruno told the tabloid he would NEVER follow Len Goodman's footsteps and leave the Strictly panel.

"I will keep going until I collapse. I’m old school… like Judy Garland," he said. “I’ll be dropping off on stage.”

Itt was Joe McFadden who won Strictly Come Dancing 2017 in the results show last night, where viewers had all the power.

Strictly Come Dancing will return to BBC One in 2018. The X Factor will also be back for another series, airing on ITV.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube