The X Factor's new life line vote has been axed from tonight's results show, it was revealed yesterday.
This year's live shows had seen a new results twist where the bottom three contestants from the main vote faced a new online poll on the X Factor app.
Viewers had 5 minutes to save one of the three with the remaining two going forward into the sing off.
Yesterday however it was announced the new format had been dropped. A spokesperson for The X Factor said: "As we are now halfway through the competition and only have 7 contestants left there won’t be a lifeline vote from now on.
"From this week the bottom two from the public vote will be announced and then they will face the sign off.
"The judges will then decide who to send home following the sing off."
There was speculation over whether or not it was because of last week's voting issues or the fact that Ryan Lawrie had been saved three times now.
But Simon Cowell said he just wanted to see who was really popular... and who wasn't.
"It's the right thing to take it out now when you've got these few contestants left," he told Rylan Clark-Neal and Matt Edmondson on Xtra Factor last night. "I really want to see who the public like, and don't like. It's exciting."
Over the past five weeks the life line vote has proved controversial with Ryan escaping the danger zone three times.
Last week saw Sam Lavery win the latest and final vote after appearing in the bottom three for the first time.
The pair are the favourites to be eliminated in tonight's latest live show following Saturday evening's Disco themed performances.
One more act will be heading home in tonight's latest live results show at 8PM on ITV, which will feature performances from Olly Murs and Nathan Sykes.