X Factor's Relley C reveals she was rejected by The Voice UK

x-factor-2016-week-3-caps-10

Relley C has revealed she was given a no by The Voice UK before her appearance on The X Factor.

Relley was a stand out performer at the weekend but it wasn't enough to keep her in the competition, leaving in the third elimination of the series.

It was Relley's second appearance on The X Factor having previously made it to judges' houses in 2013.

Then mentor Nicole Scherzinger sent her home, an unfortunate result which was repeated on Sunday night when Nicole back Four Of Diamonds in the sing-off over Relley.

But it turns out that she had originally auditioned for rival series The Voice UK on BBC One before The X Factor.

"People may not know this but I previously tried out for the first series of The Voice UK in 2012, before auditioning for The X Factor in 2013," Relley told the Metro newspaper.

"I didn’t get past the first audition for the producers on The Voice but managed to get to the Judges Houses round on The X Factor, then on to the live shows this year, which was my ultimate goal."

Relley dismissed claims of a 'fix' regarding her exit and said she had "the best experience" on this year's X Factor.

"At the end of the day somebody has to leave. The X Factor is just a TV show, and it’s also game show. Only one person can win," she told the newspaper.

"It has to be organised in a certain way for it to work. To the people who have been saying it’s a fix, I say remember: it’s just a show," Relley added.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube