X Factor's Brooks Way reveal what REALLY happened when they were axed

©Thames / Syco

X Factor duo Brooks Way have revealed just what happened behind the scenes when they left the show last week.

The duo, made up of twins Josh and Kyle, had been suspended from last Saturday night's first live show.

It was confirmed on Monday that they would be leaving the show altogether after claims were made against Josh.

In a statement, Josh said: "Due to events in my personal life I've decided that it's best not to be on the show at this time. While not everything that has been claimed is true I would like to apologise to everyone involved."

An X Factor spokesman added: "Following the allegations relating to Josh Brooks, we have decided by mutual consent that Brooks Way should leave the competition."

Now the pair - previously known as The Brooks - have revealed just what went down backstage.

They told The Sun that they didn't even see mentor Louis Walsh or get to ay goodbye to the other acts after a crisis meeting with producers.

"We left by mutual consent," they told the tabloid. "We had a heart-to-heart with producers and executives and agreed it would maybe be best if we left then.

"They needed to protect the show and we needed to protect ourselves."

The brothers added: “But it did happen very quickly. We hardly had time to say goodbye to anyone and we didn’t see or speak to Louis Walsh or any of the other judges.”

Brooks Way have also said 'sorry' after claims emerged about Josh and his ex-girlfriend.

He denied allegations that he had hit her but admitted: "My relationship with [my ex-girlfriend] had become really volatile and toxic."

The X Factor airs Saturday and Sunday night on ITV.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube