X Factor duo Brooks Way are already planning a comeback

©Thames / Syco

Brooks Way are planning on making a comeback following their X Factor exit.

Brooks Way - made up of Kyle and Josh Brooks - were suspended from the contest hours before last Saturday's live show after serious allegations regarding Josh emerged.

While Josh has vehemently denied the claims, ITV confirmed on Monday that the duo - formerly known as The Brooks - were leaving The X Factor permanently by "mutual consent".

A spokesperson for the show said: "Following the allegations relating to Josh Brooks, we have decided by mutual consent that Brooks Way should leave the competition."

In a statement, Josh said: "Due to events in my personal life I've decided that it's best not to be on the show at this time.

"While not everything that has been claimed is true, I would like to apologise to everyone involved."

Earlier this week it was said that the pair regretted ever auditioning for the show.

A source told the Mirror newspaper: "The show was meant to make them - instead they have been left with nothing."

However it appears the duo are getting ready to bounce back with The Sun claiming they're planning to put on a headline show in London next month.

The guys this week thanked fans who had stuck by them during their short X Factor stint.

"Honestly so over whelming to see so much support from you guys! You are really the ones getting us through this. We couldnt be more grateful," they tweeted.

On Monday night it was revealed that girl group Four Of Diamonds would be replacing Brooks Way on the show.

"We are so excited to be back on The X Factor ­we’re really looking forward to performing live, working hard and showing everyone what we’re made of," the girls said.

The X Factor 2016 is live again this Saturday and Sunday night at 8PM on ITV.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube