X Factor fans call to bring Yes Lad back after Brooks Way are 'suspended'

YES LAD

X Factor fans have called on Yes Lad to return to the competition.

It's after rival group Brooks Way were suspended and did not perform in last night's live show.

A spokesperson for The X Factor said: "Due to the serious nature of the information which has come to light concerning one of Brooks Way, the group will not be performing in Saturday night’s show pending further inquiries.”

As yet a decision on Brooks Way's future in the competition hasn't been made but viewers are already calling for Yes Lad's return.

#BringBackYesLad trended last night as their followers called on X Factor bosses to give them a second chance.

Made up of Joel, Cian, Sonny, Lewis and Luke and aged 19-21, Yes Lad were sent home by mentor Louis Walsh at judges' houses.

The group originally won over the judges with a cover of Justin Timberlake's Can’t Stop The Feeling at the first auditions, getting all yeses from the panel.

Louis Walsh said: "Really good audition, great song audition, you could be really good."

Speaking earlier this year, the five piece said they hoped to follow in the footsteps of One Direction.

"We'd love to be massively successful and sell loads of albums and have really big shows. But we don't want to be like anyone else who's already been. We wanna be Yes Lad," the guys said this week.

They added: "There's not been a big Northern band of all Northern members come out for a good while so we thought we'd give it a bash, lad!"

Chatting to the official X Factor website at ITV.com, Yes Lad went on: "We don't want to be a carbon copy, but we'd like to emulate the success of One Direction. They were massive.

"We're all Northern working class lads. Like, in One Direction they picked five lads from each corner of England, whereas we're all from the same little pot."

The X Factor continues Saturday and Sunday night on ITV.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube