X Factor 2016: SHOCK as Brooks Way are 'removed' from the show

Why did Brooks Way leave?

©Thames / Syco

It's been reported this evening that Brooks Way have been removed from The X Factor 2016.

It's not clear precisely what has gone on but the Welsh duo won't be performing tonight.

The Daily Star reports: "The 17-year-old duo were left in floods of tears after being told they were being removed from the hit ITV show pending an investigation."

Supposedly the twin brothers were told the news earlier this afternoon at 3PM ahead of the first dress rehearsal, together with the other singers.

Why have Brooks Way left The X Factor?

It's understood that the removal from the live line up relates to allegations made about one of the brothers allegedly sending threatening messages to an ex-girlfriend.

"Everyone is in total shock and no one can quite believe it," an X Factor source told the newspaper this evening.

They added: "New information came to light early this afternoon and as a result bosses felt they had no choice but to suspend Brooks Way until further investigation.

And the insider also revealed: "Not only are the brothers heartbroken and in tears but all the contestants are totally devastated."

Another source has insisted that the pair have not (yet) been completely axed from the show.

They explained: “Show bosses have not axed them - they have been suspended while the show has a chance to investigate claims.”

A spokesperson for The X Factor confirmed that Brooks Way would not be appearing on tonight's first show due to an "Unforeseen circumstance."

Brooks Way - previously called The Brooks - are made up of teenage brothers Josh and Kyle.

The Brooks
The Brooks

The pair got as far as judges' houses in 2014 but were sent home by Louis Walsh at the time.

The X Factor 2016 goes live this evening at 8PM on ITV.

One act will leave as usual in Sunday night's first results show, also at 8PM.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube