X Factor: Ryan Lawie back as Boys' wild card after failed boy band at Six Chair Challenge

x factor six chair ryan group

Here's a look at how Ryan Lawrie made his way through to The X Factor 2016 judges' houses.

Last weekend we saw Ryan get given a no by the judges after failing to make it through boot camp as a soloist.

But in scenes cut from the show (!!!), Ryan did in fact make it through to the six chair challenge.

He was put in a group with a number of other soloists to form a new boy group who performed for mentor Louis Walsh at Wembley Arena.

However One Direction's successors they were not.

The group explained they had no name and revealed: "We've only been together for a short amount of time but we feel we have the potential to go so far."

Singing Elton John's Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word, Simon Cowell told the group: "For me this didn't work but we made a big mistake not putting you through Ryan as a soloist."

Groups' mentor Louis concluded: "I'm going to have to say no."

So after TWO rejections, things were looking pretty bad for poor Ryan before Simon stepped in to give him a third chance this time as a soloist once more.

Simon selected Ryan was the Boys category wild card act, joining James Hughes, Niall Sexton, Matt Terry, Freddy Parker, Nate Simpson and Christian Burrows at Nicole Scherzinger's judges' houses.

Ryan said last night: “It was totally unexpected and I was absolutely buzzing to get a call from Simon. I’m really excited for it and with all the feelings and emotions running through me it just doesn’t feel real at all. I want to show Nicole why Simon brought me back.”

Find out who gets through to the LIVE SHOWS during the judges' houses when The X Factor continues on ITV Saturday 1st October at 8pm and Sunday 2nd October at 7.30pm.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube