X Factor's Will Rush speaks out after Simon Cowell branded him "rubbish"

©Thames / Syco

Former Waterloo Road star Will Rush has hit back following tonight's X Factor Six Chair Challenge.

21 year-old singer/songwriter Will from Manchester first impressed the panel during auditions earlier this year.

"I'm nervous but I can't wait," he told cameras in tonight's six chair challenge show.

Saying he fell out of love with acting and wants to do music, Will continued: "I need to go out and give it everything I've got in my power to get to judges' houses."

He performed a song written at bootcamp which was apparently "quite catchy".

But Simon blasted: "I'm sorry will, I'm not going to lie, this was just self indulgent rubbish."

Sadly for Will it wasn't to be as Boys' mentor Nicole Scherzinger denied him one of the five empty chairs through to judges' houses.

Taking to Twitter after the show, Will claimed that the way things played out on screen were quite different to reality.

"So it was 12am by the time I sang, the audience had all gone home, that song wasn't my first choice and I had already sang once before that," he told his followers.

But Will insisted there were no "bad vibes", adding: "the edit is the edit, XF wasn't for me. No drama/bad vibes. Good luck to the boys - there is some real talent! Thank you for the opportunity."

After sending Will home, Nicole went on to finalise her final six after a series of switches, swaps and even a sing off.

At the end of it all, James Hughes, Niall Sexton, Matt Terry, Freddy Parker, Nate Simpson and Christian Burrows were through to judges' houses.

But who will make the live shows?

The X Factor continues Saturday and Sunday nights on ITV.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube