X Factor 2016: Caitlyn Vanbeck says six chair challenge was "terrifying"

x factor 2016 six chair challenge - 15

Caitlyn Vanbeck has said that going through The X Factor's six chair challenge - again - was a tough experience.

While she wasn't shown last year, Caitlyn did make it through to the six chair stage but left without a seat, so taking on the whole process again was sure to be hard.

“It is just like the Hunger Games," Caitlyn admitted this week. "There are only six spaces and every single girl wants one.

"It was terrifying, you watch it on television and think it will be OK but once you are on that stage, in front of the audience, it is so scary.”

Speaking to the East Lothian Courier, Caitlyn added: “It is hard because we spent a week together at Bootcamp and I got to know some of the girls and we became friends.

"You don’t want your friends to be eliminated, but at the same time, if I get a seat, I don’t want to be giving that up to anybody either.”

Another act singing at the weekend will be Conor McGinty, going for one of six seats in the Boys category.

He told Northern Ireland's News Letter: “Top 60 in the UK so far is an amazing feeling for me- hopefully now I can get a seat at the weekend and progress through to Judges’ Houses.

“There’s 12 boys left, six places at judges’ houses so it’s going to be tough, a 50/50 chance, I suppose, but I’m excited and well prepared for it.”

The X Factor 2016 airs Saturday and Sunday night on ITV.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube