X Factor's Louis Walsh said NO to £1 million I'm A Celebrity offer

louis walsh

Louis Walsh has revealed he did indeed turn down a £1 MILLION offer to appear on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.

There were rumours that The X Factor judge would be entering the jungle last autumn and he's confirmed that an offer was made.

Chatting on Irish TV show Saturday Night with Miriam, Louis said he "couldn't face" the trials of the show and in the end a phone call from Simon Cowell confirmed his decision to say no.

"I was [asked] last year, for a million," he said. "I couldn't [do it], I just couldn't fce it, sleeping four weeks with people I didn't know.

"I couldn't face not eating."

Louis went on: "Simon rang me and said 'Darling, don't do this show, I've got another plan for you'

"I kind of knew I was back on the X Factor now. We're still best friends. I 100% trust him even though he sacked me... twice."

With Louis returning to The X Factor there's definitely no chance of seeing him in the jungle this year, but a range of other celebs have been linked to the show.

They include Nigel Farage who has supposedly been offered £250,000 to take part after he stepped down as leader of UKIP.

More rumoured names include TOWIE's Jessica Wright and Girls Aloud singer Sarah Harding.

However officially speaking, ITV say that any names at this stage are “purely speculative”.

I'm A Celebrity will air on ITV in the autumn.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube