X Factor's Olly Murs has no plans to work on TV again

x factor 2015 judges small 08

Olly Murs says he won't be back working on TV for the foreseeable future.

After jumping in at the deep end with his TV presenting career as host of The X Factor last year, the former finalist is sticking to music for now.

Speaking to the Daily Star newspaper, he said this week: "I still love 'The X Factor' but it became more about the judges and presenters than about the job of finding talent.

"I can't do both [music and TV] at the same time and I'm not going to stop doing music for a long time."

Olly added: "I think the only time I would get back into TV is if there was a new show or when I stop doing music."

Chatting last week about his time fronting The X Factor alongside Caroline Flack in 2015, Olly admitted that the stress left him depressed and stuck in bed.

Reflecting on the experience, Olly said: "The X Factor was amazing but the schedule was hard. Then to add music into that makes it doubly hard."

He told The sun newspaper: "I'm a human being, I can't do everything. People forget you are on the biggest show on TV so as soon as you walk out on Saturday or Sunday night all the attention is on you."

Olly confessed that he "loved the attention" however found every night "just so intense."

He explained: "It's the mental pressure of dealing with TV, the lights being on you, plus at the same time promoting your single and wanting that to do well."

As the series went on, Olly admitted it all got a bit too much.

"In the lead-up to Christmas it hit me hard. I had a week in bed when I couldn't move," he told the tabloid. "It was a bit of a brain freeze. I was a bit of a zombie. I had to have three or four days in silence when I just chilled out, got off my phone and had a bit of me time."

The X Factor is back this summer on ITV with Dermot O'Leary in charge again.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube