X Factor 2016: Sharon Osbourne 'may not come back following marriage problems'

sharon osbourne x factor

Sharon Osbourne's potential return to The X Factor UK is said to be on hold.

It's after reports at the weekend claimed she had left husband Ozzy Osbourne over allegations he had an affair.

The Daily Mirror now reports that Sharon is focused on dealing with her personal life rather than her professional work.

And its left The X Factor having to wait and see if she'll decide to make a comeback.

“It is an extraordinarily emotional time for her at present, and dealing with the X Factor is now on the back burner," a source said. “People in London learned of the issues late last week and are now waiting on what Sharon will do."

The source added to the tabloid: “Everything is up in the air at the moment, and the hours are counting down before Simon and ITV want to lock down the panel.

"However Sharon is caught up in this matter and no-one knows exactly what she will do next.”

Sharon previously met with Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh with the trio widely expected to reunite on the panel this year.

As for the fourth judging spot, rumours suggest it'll be either Rita Ora or Nicole Scherzinger get the spot having also both appeared on the show in the past.

On Sunday, the Daily Star newspaper claimed that Simon was offering Nicole big money to sign up again having last appeared on the panel in 2013 alongside Sharon, Louis and Gary Barlow.

For now, nothing has been officially confirmed or announced.

The X Factor will air on ITV later this year.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube