X Factor 2016: Sharon Osbourne still trying to work out a deal

Sharon-Osbourne

Sharon Osbourne remains in talks to join The X Factor 2016 this year, trying to make the dates work.

The former judge, who has been behind the judges' desk on two separate occasions, has been tipped to make another comeback.

She previously met X Factor boss Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh, who is also expected to return.

"I haven't signed a contract, to be quite honest with you," Louis said recently, "I did meet Simon, I did meet Sharon Osbourne.

"It looks like I'm back, but I haven't signed.

"I can't say I have the job until I've signed the contract."

But it was reported at the weekend Sharon's commitments on US TV could put a spanner in the works with American day time show The Talk airing weekdays in the States.

An insider told The Sunday People newspaper: “She’s an incredibly determined woman, as everyone ­involved in The X Factor knows – but this looks ­almost impossible.”

However a spokesperson for Sharon has now confirmed that she IS in talks to join The X Factor again and is trying to make the schedule work and agree a possible deal.

"She did it before," they said, "She's trying to work out a possible deal."

The Talk, which this week won a Daytime Emmy Award, airs weekdays in the US meaning Sharon would have to fly constantly back and forth between the UK and the States during filming.

So far no judges have been officially confirmed for The X Factor 2016.

Alongside Sharon and Louis, Nicole Scherzinger is said to be in the running as well as Rita Ora, who made her debut last year.

Both Nick Grimshaw and Cheryl have already announced they won't be back.

The new series of The X Factor will air on ITV in the autumn.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube