Sharon Osbourne's potential return to The X Factor appears to have hit a stumbling block.
The former judge, who has been behind the judges' desk on two separate occasions, had been tipped to make another comeback.
She previously met X Factor boss Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh, who is also expected to return.
"I haven't signed a contract, to be quite honest with you," Louis said recently, "I did meet Simon, I did meet Sharon Osbourne.
"It looks like I'm back, but I haven't signed.
"I can't say I have the job until I've signed the contract."
But now it's been reported that Sharon's commitments on US TV could put a spanner in the works.
The Sunday People claim that a clash with American day time show The Talk could force Sharon to say no to The X Factor.
An insider told the tabloid: “She’s an incredibly determined woman, as everyone involved in The X Factor knows – but this looks almost impossible.”
A 'US TV source' added: “Sharon is going nowhere from The Talk – she’s a huge part of that show and is very much expected to remain.”
The Talk airs weekdays in the US meaning Sharon would have to fly constantly back and forth between the UK and the States during filming.
"Doing both shows at the same time will be really gruelling for Sharon, and it’s hard to imagine how she can fit it all in," the insider added.
So far no judges have been officially confirmed for The X Factor 2016.
Alongside Sharon and Louis, Nicole Scherzinger is said to be in the running as well as Rita Ora, who made her debut last year.
Both Nick Grimshaw and Cheryl have already announced they won't be back.
The new series of The X Factor will air on ITV in the autumn.