Dermot O'Leary is set to get a bumper pay day thanks to his return to The X Factor.
The TV host is making a comeback after a year out for what will be his ninth series fronting the show.
ITV confirmed the news last week, with Dermot saying: “I'm very flattered to be asked back to 'The X Factor', and am currently dusting off my dancing shoes. There is nothing more exciting than hosting live TV on a Saturday night.
"The show is naturally very close to my heart, after having hosted it for eight years. I'm really looking forward to it, and excited to be back."
Simon Cowell said this week that there was NO awkward or dramatic showdown between the pair, saying: “The fact is that I’m delighted he’s coming back — he’s a great guy. And he’ll do a great job.”
It's been claimed that Dermot will enjoy a £1.5 million fee for this year's series and there's talk that he's been signed on a multi-year deal, although this has not been officially confirmed.
“Producers have realised you can’t take any risks with the presenter of the show. You need someone really good who can cope with live TV," a source told The Sun newspaper recently.
They explained: “There is even talk Dermot could be offered the presenting job for the rest of the show’s life when a new deal is signed with ITV.
“Bosses are looking at a two or three-year contract for him.”
Dermot will begin filming for the new series later this month at the open auditions with the judges set to be announced in the coming weeks.
The X Factor will be back on ITV in the autumn.