Cheryl Fernandez-Versini faces the axe from The X Factor just a year after her fanfare return.
It's claimed that show boss Simon Cowell is already on the hunt for a replacement for the Girls Aloud star after ratings continued to decline last year.
This year's show is set to undergo a big revamp with host Dermot O'Leary having been the first to leave, quitting after eight years fronting the ITV series.
Only Simon's spot on the panel is safe with even Louis Walsh tipped to (finally) go.
The Daily Mail newspaper report today (Tuesday) that Cheryl could also be leaving with names already in the running to replace her.
A source told the tabloid: "Simon has seen people himself and it is now going to ITV and they are setting up meetings with his chosen women for a second interview."
Cheryl herself hinted at her exit from the X Factor this week, saying: “My focus is on the charity this year. It was supposed to be last year, but The X Factor’s kind of tasking, time-wise."
In our recent poll, almost two-thirds backed Cheryl to come back for another series after it first reported her place on the show was at risk.
A spokesperson for Simon Cowell's Syco company commented: "We are looking at the show from top to bottom and we are not looking at the on-screen on X-Factor until that's sorted."
If Cheryl is cut it's going to be the latest blow to her career after new single Only Human failed to make it into the Top 100 songs this week.
A spokesperson for the singer told the Mail: "The first two singles from Only Human debuted at number one. This resulted in Cheryl having more number one singles than any other British female artist. Cheryl is currently in the studio recording new songs. Music remains at the centre of her activities."