The X Factor 2014 has been hit with yet more fix accusations after Louis Walsh's round of the Six Chair Challenge at Boot Camp ended with an unexpected sing-off.
Viewers first smelled a rat after Friday's episode of the show, when Cheryl Fernandez-Versini reversed her decision to send Chloe-Jasmine Whichello packing.
Now, reports suggest that similarly shady business occurred behind the scenes when Walsh's groups took to the stage.
According to The Sun, the crowd booed when they spotted producers instructing the Irishman to change his mind when he handed Blonde Electric's seat to Concept - with the boyband subsequently replacing the currently unnamed new girl group formed of axed soloists.
The top brass are also said to have been behind the dramatic three-way sing-off that saw the fivesome suddenly return to the competition, at the expense of Overload and The Pow Pow Girls.
The newspaper claims that swathes of audience members walked out in protest at the result - with warm-up man Ian Royce asking: "Please stay, we’ve one more bit to film."
An insider commented: "Louis made his decisions but was told to change them by producers. It was like he knew what the script was supposed to be but was defying them. In the end the producers won."
An X Factor spokesperson insisted that no rules had been broken, saying: "Until the judge has chosen their final six they’re able to change their minds and bring back anyone they have removed."
The top 24 acts have now been decided, with twelve of them set to be cut in the Judges' Houses stage this weekend ahead of the live shows.
However, four of the unlucky ones could be handed a lifeline, as it's claimed that each judge will choose a 'wildcard' act for one of their rivals in a twist.