X Factor news: Rough Copy aim for Number 1 with Sweet Love

X-Factor-2013-final-12-makeovers-07

X Factor's Rough Copy are aiming for Number 1 with their debut single.

The trio, who first auditioned in 2012 but made the live shows last year, found themselves at a number of controversies during their time in the show.

Their pasts came under scrutiny and visa issues saw them removed from the show in 2012, before having to ditch a member for judges' houses in 2013.

And during the tour this year the group once again became a duo after one member was kicked off after a 'backstage incident'.

However it seems that the boys have now got everything sorted and are ready to storm the charts.

"That whole visa situation was about timing. Getting a visa to go to America is not something you can do overnight. But that’s all sorted now," they said. “Breaking America is the dream but breaking the UK is the plan first."

Speaking to the Daily Star newspaper, the group's Kaz said: “We are definitely using what happened in our past to help show others that you can turn it around.

“What happened taught me a lesson and it’s made me who I am today.

“It was inevitable it would come out on X Factor so I was prepared for it. But I have moved on and learned.”

Meanwhile Sterling told the tabloid that the three piece were keen to focus on the music and not get distracted by female fans.

He said: “We want to focus on making our careers happen. And as much as girls can be great fun, they are also a distraction.

“I’ve told the boys we need to concentrate on the music.”

Rough Copy release new song Sweet Love on June 28.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube