Gary Barlow has insisted there will be no comeback for him on The X Factor.
The Take That star announced he was stepping down from the ITV series after three years last autumn in the live shows.
Speaking to Alan Carr on Friday, Gary said he wanted to "move on" after his time on the talent contest.
"Do you know I had three brilliant years, especially last year. Last year was a hoot from the word go and it was just time to go," he explained. "Three years is just long enough, I didn't overstay my welcome, I just did it and enjoyed it and I can move on now."
Gary went on confessed that ratings would probably be up this year without him due to the return of Cheryl Cole and Simon Cowell.
"The fans are very passionate about that show and I think for the audience they will really enjoy it. I think everyone will be watching to see what the chemistry is like this time," he said. "Everyone's always talking about [The X Factor], it's so ratings-driven that show. One week it's down, one week it's up.
"You know it's just an incredibly successful show. I think they (Simon and Cheryl) will make it more successful coming back to it."
But Gary added that he wanted to see Nicole Scherzinger back alongside Simon and Cheryl.
"For me I'd have Nicole back again. I thought she was a great judge and for all of her contestants she was great, she'd spend all week meeting with them, going to Greggs with them. She really did work really hard," he remarked.