Cheryl Cole has apparently agreed a deal to return to The X Factor UK.
There's been plenty of speculation over this year's XFactor judges already with both Gary Barlow and Sharon Osbourne having announced last year they were to quit.
It was claimed at the weekend that Nicole Scherzinger had been offered a £3 million deal to return to the panel for a third series, with both ITV and X Factor boss Simon Cowell keen to keep the singer on the show.
"Money is no object to Simon on this one. He is ready to throw whatever he has to at her," a source told The Sunday People newspaper. “He knows that he almost didn’t get her last year because of various different reasons but he won’t be making that mistake again.
“He will break the bank to keep her for a third series. He knows that if he can then he has a very good X Factor series later this year.”
However, the Daily Star newspaper now reports that rumours of Nicole's £3 million deal are nothing more than hot air, with Simon more keen to get Cheryl back on the line up of judges.
The Girls Aloud singer quit in 2011 to join Simon on the US series but found herself axed after just two audition shows.
It's been claimed that Cheryl is so far the only potential judge to have started talks with bosses ahead of filming beginning in the summer.
“All this talk of Nicole’s deal is premature. The only judge in talks is Cheryl," a source told the tabloid today. “Talks have been going on for weeks and Simon has been doing everything to persuade her. Finally she has agreed. Simon believed Cheryl’s return was the key to his new ideas for the show.
“Nicole’s not been completely ruled out – but not for the £3m some have suggested. Only Simon earns that.”
A spokesperson for The X Factor said that no official decisions had yet been made about this year's panel.