Simon Cowell has been tipped to join The X Factor UK again next year, with Gary Barlow set to quit.
Take That star Gary has apparently already told producers he won't be returning next summer for a fourth series, instead focusing on a new Take That album and tour.
The group will release a new record next autumn before touring throughout 2014 and 2015.
“Gary’s a decent bloke and figured it was best to lay his cards on the table as early as possible. He wants to get back to what he does best, recording a new Take That album and touring with his bandmates," a source told The Sun newspaper today. “It looks like there’s no room for X Factor so this is likely to be his last year.
“The producers always feared his day job would get in the way, and they’re delighted they’ve had him for three years."
The insider added: “I’m sure they’ll present Gary with a plan that could see him do both — they moved auditions in 2010 to allow him to meet his gig commitments — but they know three years on X Factor is likely to be enough for him.”
It means next year's show could see yet another shake up of the panel, which this year has seen Sharon Osbourne return in place of Tulisa, but she too hinted that she won't be back next year.
But it does all mean that Simon Cowell could be back, with the music mogul having previously admitted to "missing" the show.
“ITV desperately want him back on The X Factor. They hate the fact that their biggest show is missing its biggest draw," a source added.
A spokesperson for Gary commented: “He hasn’t made any decisions on next year.”
The X Factor 2013 auditions continue on Monday in Wembley.