Carolynne Poole has jumped to the defence of X Factor's Christopher Maloney, despite the pair rowing at the weekend.
Reports in the past week have suggested Chris clashed with the other finalists backstage during the weekend’s final, branding Carolynne Poole a “c**t” during rehearsals.
Chris subsequently went missing for Sunday’s final after finishing the show in third place the day before.
Speaking to The Sun earlier this week, Carolynne revealed: “He was horrible. Basically, because I didn’t say ‘hi’ and kiss his a***, he called me a c***.
“Everyone heard it. I said to him ‘did you just call me a c***?’ and he denied it, but I heard him.
“He had been drinking, you could smell it on him.”
She also claimed that Chris “flicked a V sign at me and told me to f*** off. He ruined my night”.
Fellow contestant Kye Sones added: “Everything Carolynne said is true.
“He’s had a mask on for 10 weeks and it’s well and truly slipped off and shown him for exactly who he is.”
However today Carolynne tweeted fans to stop hating on Chris, writing online: "Please don't send horrible or abusive msg's to Chris or anyone else on here. We can have our opinions but please let's not be mean. Xxx"
Chris begged X Factor viewers earlier in the week to stop the "online abuse".
He wrote: "plz stop online abuse,all I done was follow my dream,coming 3rd was an achievement.feel gutted I didn't win an im unwell right now, plz xx"
The live concert returns in 2013 with dates in January and February at Arenas up and down the country, including London’s O2, Manchester’s MEN and Wembley Arena in London.