Details of Cheryl Cole's lawsuit against The X Factor USA have been revealed, with the Girls Aloud star claiming more than £1.4 million.
The lawsuit came following a meeting between Cheryl and X Factor boss Simon Cowell in LA last week, amid rumours she was being lined up to return to the panel next year.
Cheryl was paid £1.1 million for The X Factor USA, despite being axed after just four audition shows.
But in a nine page claim filed in the States, lawyers allege that bosses failed to pay Cheryl a further £1.4 million.
The damages include a £65,000 wardrobe allowance, £16,000 for a stylist, £10,000 per month for lodgings and £1,600 a month for general in expenses after relocating to LA.
The claim also requests damages and expenses for flights between the US and UK, all with interest.
A source told the Daily Star Sunday: “Cheryl is gunning for them and is determined to get what she believes she is owed.
“She was publicly embarrassed by Simon and thinks the least he can do is make sure she is given what she was promised to come on board."
They revealed: “She is using Will.I.Am’s legal team to launch proceedings because she trusts his judgment.
“It was a big decision for Cheryl to make. After this, there is no way for her and Simon to work together again. She is burning all bridges.”
However a source at US TV company Fox told the newspaper: “This has totally shocked all of us.
“Cheryl got paid £1.1million even though she did no more than a month’s work and now she wants all this extra.
"Even though it is the production company involved, Simon Cowell and others are unimpressed.
“This is the end for Cheryl’s TV career in the USA. By filing this, she will turn people off her.”
Cheryl however has down played the law suit.
Speaking ahead of her performance at Capital FM's Jingle Bell Ball, she said: “The US lawsuit is nothing to do with me or with Simon.
“I am just letting the lawyers deal with it, to be honest.”