Telly watchdog Ofcom has launched an investigation into the first X Factor live show of the series.
More than 3,500 complained to the TV watchdog after Carolynne Poole was eliminated over Rylan Clark in a controversial result.
Fans complained after X Factor boss Richard Holloway was spotted chatting to Louis Walsh during Carolynne’s performance just before the Irish music mogul controversially decided to send the sing-off between her and Rylan Clark to deadlock, resulting in Carolynne leaving the show.
In a statement, the executive producer said: “We regularly chat to the judges during the show, they don’t wear earpieces like Dermot so we have to speak to them on anything from timings to running order changes.
“On Sunday I was telling Louis the order the judges would vote in. We don’t tell judges how to vote.”
Louis Walsh previously hit back at claims made by an audience member suggesting he was told to take the vote to deadlock by the show’s producers.
Louis said: “I was torn. I think Rylan’s a great entertainer and Carolynne a great singer. I couldn’t make up my mind.
“So, finally, I decided that the fairest thing to do was to go to the public vote.
However the watchdog decided not to pursue the complaints because they did not raise issues warranting investigation.
The X Factor 2012 continues this Saturday night with a spooky Halloween themed episode as the remaining ten contestants perform live once again.
The latest results show follows on Sunday when one more act will be given the boot.