X Factor 2012: Former act blasts 'producer fakery'

Mia and The Moon

Former X Factor contestants Mia and the Moon have accused the show of producer fakery.

The female duo impressed the judges at their original audition, but quit the series at bootcamp after being left shocked by producer's demands.

Speaking to This is Leicestershire, the pair claimed bosses had asked them to argue with one another in a bid to make dramatic footage of the show.

"When we decided we'd had enough, we were literally seconds away from finding out who was going through to the next round," the girls said. "The producers were chasing us down the street and trying to stop us getting into the taxi – they said we were making the biggest mistake of our lives.

"All I could think about while it was going on was that they were right, but it really wasn't for us. I don't regret it at all."

And the girls, who had their audition aired on Xtra Factor earlier this year, continued: "It just felt so wrong. We'd sit there before the auditions and could see exactly who they were prepping to go through even before they'd been in front of the judges. None of it was 'real'."

The duo revealed that they had wanted to perform their own song for the judges, but decided against it after reading the show's small print.

"We were going to play it for our audition on the show, but the contract said that anything we played would be owned by the X Factor," they added.

[cat c="the x factor"]The X Factor 2012[/cat] live shows continue at 7PM tonight on ITV1.

The third elimination will take place on Sunday night's live show, which will also feature performances from JLS and Labrinth.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube