It seems that the pressure of The X Factor is getting to Rylan Clark.
The Essex performer took to Twitter this afternoon to hit out at the press and admit that the hate was getting "too much".
The 23-year-old tweeted: "The press need to stop writing lies now, it was all harmless fun at first but this Is too much now."
Speaking backstage at The X Factor yesterday, Rylan hit out at claims that he said he was more talented than Gary Barlow.
He said: “I’ve seen loads of stuff in the press this week that I’m supposed to have said about Gary, which isn’t true, but as to the press stuff, I’m just happy to ignore it and ride the ride.
“If people want to write that stuff and if it’s paying their mortgage, then good luck to them.”
It was previously claimed that Rylan was getting the support of his fellow finalists in getting over the hate.
A show insider told The Sun: “The others have been very worried about him. He has been really down and getting a stream of death threats and hateful messages on Twitter."
The source added: “But his fellow contestants have pledged to give him round-the-clock support — they all love him.”
[cat c="the x factor"]The XFactor[/cat] continues this Saturday and Sunday night on ITV1.
This weekend will see the remaining eleven finalists singing tracks with a Club Classics theme, while JLS and Labrinth will guest star on Sunday night's third live results show.