X Factor 2012 judges: Gary Barlow 'to quit and return to Take That'

Gary Barlow (X Factor 2012)

X Factor 2012 judge Gary Barlow is reportedly planning to quit the show after this year's series to focus on Take That.

According to The Sun, Gary and his fellow bandmates - including Robbie Williams - reunited recently for secret meetings about another album.

The newspaper reports that the group are set to get back into the studio next year and release another record, followed by a tour in early 2014.

"The events of the last week have really confirmed in Gary’s mind that he needs to get back to what he loves best," a source told the tabloid this morning.

The insider claimed: "Gary is going to give this series his all and then it will be full steam ahead for Take That.

“The lads are enjoying a bit of freedom at the moment, but they are all united in their desire to get Take That back on the road.

“A new album and tour have been discussed and all five of the boys are making really positive noises.”

However the paper claims Gary could be back, if bosses wish to up his current £2 million fee by £500,000!

It was reported yesterday that Gary had threatened to quit the series after Sunday's results show, which saw Carolynne Poole eliminated over Rylan Clark.

“Gary is demanding that genuine talent should always be recognised ahead of pantomime acts like Rylan who might pull in a few more phone votes for the novelty factor," a source said.

The X Factor 2012 judges apparently held a crisis meeting in London on Tuesday, but Gary and Louis Walsh didn't speak all night!

The X Factor 2012 continues this Saturday night on ITV1, with the results show following on Sunday night with performances from Taylor Swift and Rebecca Ferguson.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube