Joseph Whelan has said he'd be up for returning to The X Factor 2012 if invited back.
More than 200,000 fans have signed a Facebook campaign to get the 26-year-old back on the ITV1 singing competition after the judges axed him at bootcamp.
"I’d love it and I’d be up for it," Joseph said. "If they offered me a wildcard I’d snap it up right away.
"And if it happened I’d perform better than ever - I’d just absolutely smash it at the live shows."
Speaking to new magazine, Joseph also defended [tag]Rylan Clark[/tag] from the hate he was getting after making it through to judges' houses.
"I don't feel any resentment towards Rylan," Joseph told the magazine this week. "He was one of the people I got on with most at Boot Camp.
"He's a character, born to be a celebrity.
"I've got nothing against him but from the show's perspective, I think it betrays The X Factor as a singing competition."
Joseph insisted that comments made earlier this week about thinking the show was a 'fix' had been taken out of context.
He clarified: "I don't think the show is fixed but I don't think they're looking for singers - they're looking for celebrities."
The X Factor judges' houses episodes air this Saturday and Sunday on ITV1.