Melanie McCabe 'done' with X Factor: 'I won't audition again'

Melanie McCabe (X Factor 2012)

Melanie McCabe has said she won't be auditioning for The X Factor again for being rejected for a third time.

The Irish teenager was seen in tears on Sunday night after the judges' dashed her hopes of making it through to judges' houses.

It was the third time Melanie had been axed from the show, having made judges' houses in 2011 and bootcamp back in 2008, then aged just 14.

Now Melanie has said she won't be trying out any more times for the show.

She told the Herald this week: "I'll never audition again.

"I'm definitely done with it now. To be honest, I think it would be a little ridiculous auditioning a fourth time."

Melanie narrowly missed out on the live shows last year after flying out to Miami as part of the final eight girls with Kelly Rowland, but her hopes were dashed.

Returning with an even stronger voice and more polished look this year, we were pretty shocked that the judges didn't put her through.

"It's hard getting eliminated. And it's almost as hard watching it over again," Melanie admitted after Sunday's bootcamp show aired.

She told the newspaper: "It's like you've gone through the rejection twice. I think the worst part is how quickly people lose interest in you. That's been the hardest part for me."

However Melanie added: "Everything happens for a reason. Part of me wishes I could show them they were wrong but I also think that perhaps it was the right decision and I wasn't ready for it."

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube