Axed X Factor hopeful Joseph Whelan has claimed that producers 'set him up' for a fall on the series.
The 26-year-old rocker was controversially left out of the line up of contestants for the boys this year, prompting a huge number of viewers to get annoyed.
More than 200,000 fans have signed a Facebook petition called Get Joseph Whelan back onto the X Factor after he was given the boot on Sunday night.
The Sun now quote Joseph as saying: “The X Factor set me up for a fall. They shafted me by praising me so highly – then sending me home.
“I nailed all three of my performances and didn’t get one negative comment from the judges. So I was in complete shock when they kicked me out.
“But the X Factor loves controversy. They obviously decided the backlash was worth getting rid of me for.”
And the dad of one hit out at Rylan Clark, who the judges deciding to put through to judges' houses over him.
"Rylan has a great look and great personality – but the man can’t sing," he said.
However Joseph insisted he didn't regret entering, admitting that the show had been a "great platform."
He said: "I’m not sorry I entered, though. Despite everything, it has been a great platform for me.
“Maybe I’ll beat the winner to the Christmas No1 this year.”
An X Factor spokesman told the newspaper: “The standard is very high this year and not all acts can make it through to the next stage.”