ITV bring back Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway to take on The Voice UK

Ant and Dec (Britain's Got Talent 2012)

ITV are bringing back Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Take Away next year to compete with The Voice UK.

It was confirmed last year that the show would return, having last aired back in 2009.

The Daily Star report that the new series will air in the Spring next year.

Simon Cowell, David Walliams, Amanda Holden and Alesha Dixon will all be back for Britain’s Got Talent as well.

A source told the newspaper: “It’s war. Ant and Dec plus Cowell equals winners.”

“It’s very exciting and we have lots of new ideas," said Dec, who also hosts Britain's Got Talent. “It feels like a new project again. We can’t wait to start.”

Ant said: “We are really pleased to sign with ITV for another two years and continue to make the programmes we love with the channel.”

Dec added: “We always said we would bring back Saturday Night Takeaway, so we’re particularly delighted plans are now in place.

“We have lots of fresh and exciting ideas for the brand new series.”

The award-winning duo – who have had a ‘golden handcuffs’ deal with ITV since 2000 – will soon be in Australia for the twelfth run of I’m A Celebrity, which begins this November.

Get the latest news

Subscribe on YouTube