The Voice 2014 could air with an all male panel of coaches next year, with BBC bosses get their way.
JLS singer Oritsé Williams is reportedly close to signing a deal that will see him join the show, just days after Jessie's announcement.
However, Jessie's departure could leave producers having to sign more than one new coach, with Will.i.am and Sir Tom Jones both considering their own positions on the show.
A source said: “All four of the judges were eventually asked to come back on board for the third series but Jessie J has gone and now will.i.am and Tom look set to leave.
“Will has not signed up and has no current intention of doing so. His argument is the lack of support the BBC give compared to other talent shows and he has gone into full battle with Katie Taylor who is the head of entertainment for the BBC in face-to-face meetings.”
The Daily Star Sunday claims that so far only Danny O'Donoghue has agreed to a third series, although as yet neither he has actually signed a deal.
“They could still need to find two more big names. will.i.am certainly isn’t keen on signing and it isn’t anything to do with money," the source told the newspaper. “He nets £500,000 per series. He’s always been happy with that but he doesn’t take that for himself – every year he has donated the entire amount to The Prince’s Trust.
“It is just a waiting game now to see what happens.”
A spokesperson for The Voice commented: “Negotiations with the three remaining judges are all ongoing.”